Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   H2 160K Overhaul (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39712)

jarek m 08-25-2010 03:12 AM

Re: H2 160K Overhaul

Test drive didn't go that good.

Scarsman 08-25-2010 03:08 PM

Leaking cooler? Did you have it apart, or is it a new problem?

BLUETHUNDER 08-25-2010 03:23 PM

I love threads like this. Keep the pics coming. Regarding some of those surface rust issues. Do you live in a very humid part of the states??.Ive never seen surface rust like that on interior componants.

guruerror 08-26-2010 02:11 AM

Dude...I'm all about DIY, but, man you are out of control. This is an awesome thread. You're the MAN! :clapping:

jarek m 08-26-2010 06:18 PM

All and all, every thing works just fine if not better. The PS cooler leek is a new thing but a easy fix, got a new cooler with lines on eBay for $40:D . The truck also is pulling a P0135 even thou all O2 sensors are new-ish, I'll give it couple of days maybe it clears it self. I still have to do the injectors only 7 came in still waiting for one.

On to the interior!!!!:soapbox:

jarek m 08-26-2010 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUETHUNDER
I love threads like this. Keep the pics coming. Regarding some of those surface rust issues. Do you live in a very humid part of the states??.Ive never seen surface rust like that on interior componants.

I think NJ is the most humid of them all and we just moved away from the coast line.

jarek m 08-26-2010 10:13 PM

My wife decided to change the color a bit. Nickel tone dose make it look a little less industrial and more elegant

Can't take the door apart without damage.:(

guruerror 08-26-2010 10:16 PM

Can you post a pic of what the back of one of the door panels looks like. I'm getting ready to pull mine off to have 'em Line-Xed and I was wondering how the 'leather' sections (top and arm rest) were attached to the plastic...easily removable? Not removable?

Thanks in advance!

jarek m 08-26-2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guruerror
Can you post a pic of what the back of one of the door panels looks like. I'm getting ready to pull mine off to have 'em Line-Xed and I was wondering how the 'leather' sections (top and arm rest) were attached to the plastic...easily removable? Not removable?

Thanks in advance!

No, there "heat riveted" together that's why I'm keeping them in one piece for paint.

guruerror 08-27-2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarek m
No, there "heat riveted" together that's why I'm keeping them in one piece for paint.

Thanks for the quick reply...I think I may pop a back one off and try to work with those welds. I really want the panels to be Line-Xed. If I can get the leather bits, speaker grill, and the handle off I'm good...I'll have the remainder sprayed as is.

I feel confident that I can release those welds without permanently damaging the panel...just need to soften them up with a soldering iron. I'm gonna practice on the welds for the door panel pocket. My goal is to permanently remove the pockets from the rear doors anyway.

I may start on this project this weekend...I'll open a new thread once I do so I don't keep interrupting this one.

Thanks again...and GREAT work.

Scarsman 08-27-2010 05:59 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the quick reply...I think I may pop a back one off and try to work with those welds. I really want the panels to be Line-Xed. If I can get the leather bits, speaker grill, and the handle off I'm good...I'll have the remainder sprayed as is.

I feel confident that I can release those welds without permanently damaging the panel...just need to soften them up with a soldering iron. I'm gonna practice on the welds for the door panel pocket. My goal is to permanently remove the pockets from the rear doors anyway.

I may start on this project this weekend...I'll open a new thread once I do so I don't keep interrupting this one.

I wonder if you could dremel out the welds without going through to the otside, and then reattach the panels with something like velcro strips, since they look like they have lots of overlap.

Or, what about using allen head bolts that match the ones for the dash? That might look sort of cool. The bolts would be in the plastic part, and with the LineX you probably wouldn't need washers on the outside. If you did you could use black ones.

guruerror 08-27-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarsman
I wonder if you could dremel out the welds without going through to the otside, and then reattach the panels with something like velcro strips, since they look like they have lots of overlap.

Or, what about using allen head bolts that match the ones for the dash? That might look sort of cool. The bolts would be in the plastic part, and with the LineX you probably wouldn't need washers on the outside. If you did you could use black ones.

MOVED THIS TO A NEW THREAD: Door Panel Disassembly (2003-2007)

BLUETHUNDER 08-27-2010 08:50 PM

Quote:

What colour are your rear pockets??. Mine are missing.

BLUETHUNDER 08-27-2010 08:55 PM

Quote:

You have done a nice paint job on those interior parts....:clapping:

guruerror 08-27-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUETHUNDER
What colour are your rear pockets??. Mine are missing.

I MOVE THIS TOPIC SO WE DON'T HIJACK THIS THREAD: http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=40144

jarek m 08-28-2010 08:27 PM

Steering wheel buttons replacement.

:beerchug:

jarek m 08-28-2010 08:38 PM

Its like Christmas time today, more parts...

Scarsman 08-28-2010 09:34 PM

Very nice! The steering wheel buttons look easy enough to change. Good to know.

guruerror 08-29-2010 02:58 AM

Quote:

Steering wheel buttons replacement.

Your the man if you were able to replace those without disassembling the new switches. I've replaced all four buttons...I had to take apart each one in order to get them installed. I just didn't have enough slack in the cable to install as your illustrations demonstrate.

Keeping all the lights working in this truck is definitely a challenge.

lx4life 08-29-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Its like Christmas time today, more parts...

Hey Jarek I sent you a message about removing your front diff.