Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H3 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   H4 going forward in China? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39871)

HummerMann 07-19-2010 01:52 PM

H4 going forward in China?

Two sources are now saying Tengzhong is preparing for production of an H4 Hummer varaint before the end of the year and starting production in 2011.
“Tengzhong will take over the Hummer sales network, and will be launched before 2012 Tengzhong H3 and H4 CUV,” the memo.
http://factorialco.com/this-he-humme...roduction.html
http://hummersonline.blogspot.com/
The article reads funny because it was originally in Chinese and has been translated with a Google translation.

mouserace2010 08-02-2010 07:47 PM

Re: H4 going forward in China?

I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.:o

wpage 08-04-2010 12:44 AM

It would be a good thing to keep the H3 alive and H4 going. It would mean production of units beyond the 5 years which has currently ceased.
Parts would also continue to be available. Beyond the 10 year rule which is now ending in 2020.

H3 Builder 08-07-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpage
It would be a good thing to keep the H3 alive and H4 going. It would mean production of units beyond the 5 years which has currently ceased.
Parts would also continue to be available. Beyond the 10 year rule which is now ending in 2020.

No one said the H3 was completly dead (From GM). Maybe on life support. More to come. :shhh: :shhh:

wpage 08-11-2010 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3 Builder
No one said the H3 was completly dead (From GM). Maybe on life support. More to come. :shhh: :shhh:

Builder,
That is good news. Hope the oxygen keeps coming...
keep us posted.:drama:

HummerJim 08-12-2010 06:50 PM

First good news I've heard about Hummer in a while! Even if it's just rumor I think with SUV sales going up this summer, they're probably taking another look at Hummer deep behind closed doors - money talks and SUVs generate the highest profits. GM does have GMC, Chevrolet, Cadillac dealerships and a handful of old Hummer dealers with some new inventory they could use for distribution. The public forgets fast and with gas prices down and offroad recreation areas growing, the Hummer looks a lot better than it did two years ago.

DWPC 08-15-2010 12:38 AM

Sounds good to me

With Volvo being sold by Ford to China last month, Hummer would be in good company if a Chinese deal could be resurrected. An H3 with a Volvo turbodiesel...sounds good!

DRTYFN 10-11-2010 04:19 PM

If it's going to be a purely Chinese product I'll never even sit in one.

Don't trust them.

H200 10-13-2010 09:51 PM

I'll believe that when I see it.

greekbkfst 10-18-2010 02:23 PM

If this was sold to a Chinese company, I wouldn't buy it. For all intensive purposes, it does look like Hummer is dead, but here's a couple of thoughts:

- H1 and H2 were about 99% of the bad press for Hummer on mileage
- People are *still* surprised that my H3 gets more than 11mpg
- Personal observation: My 2006 H3 (which I purchased new in the fall of 2005) still feels great and new to me, this crushes the two Blazers I previously owned and will sorely miss purchasing another H3 in a few years when the time comes

I agree that I think there is still a market for the H3 (and maybe H4 - though I don't know much about that). GM already has the plans. Kill the Hummer brand ? Yeah, looks like that happened, but they could roll H3/H4 into GMC and rebrand as the GMC H-Series (or something like that). H1/H2 goes away as well as the majority of the stigma, H3/H4 live to see another day.

I'm sure it has been talked about, but that is my own personal scenario I'd like to see played out since I'm an H3 fan.

rippr334 10-19-2010 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekbkfst

I agree that I think there is still a market for the H3 (and maybe H4 - though I don't know much about that). GM already has the plans. Kill the Hummer brand ? Yeah, looks like that happened, but they could roll H3/H4 into GMC and rebrand as the GMC H-Series (or something like that). H1/H2 goes away as well as the majority of the stigma, H3/H4 live to see another day.

I'm sure it has been talked about, but that is my own personal scenario I'd like to see played out since I'm an H3 fan.

I totally agree. It seems the H3 has brought the Hummer back down to the realistic level that people can tolerate. I get alot of comparisons to jeeps, which no one seems to have a problem with (but me). I hope they can find a way to keep the H3/H4 alive (as well as the G8 for Pontiac). Honestly, however, I doubt that GM will work too hard for the H3.

TheShadow 10-20-2010 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekbkfst
- Personal observation: My 2006 H3 (which I purchased new in the fall of 2005) still feels great and new to me, this crushes the two Blazers I previously owned and will sorely miss purchasing another H3 in a few years when the time comes

:perfect10s:

I 2nd that, I've had mine since early June 2005 - got it back in the days when there were test drive waiting lists and selling for at least retail, sigh.

Add to the crush list a Jeep Cherokee - no comparision after same period of time owned...