Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Off Topic (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   The Prius Explosion Experience (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17548)

claybird 06-13-2006 03:53 AM

The Prius Explosion Experience

Howdy all -- So, this project of ours didn't get a lot of love from the PriusChat crowd, so we decided to check in with the Hummer tribe and see what you guys thought.

Hopefully you get a laugh if nothing else....

http://www.cargoboom.com

Enjoy
clay

f5fstop 06-13-2006 10:54 AM

Re: The Prius Explosion Experience

Why blow 'em up, when you can just run 'em over:D

SnakeH2 06-13-2006 12:16 PM

good luck:o

PARAGON 06-13-2006 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claybird
Howdy all -- So, this project of ours didn't get a lot of love from the PriusChat crowd, so we decided to check in with the Hummer tribe and see what you guys thought.

Hopefully you get a laugh if nothing else....

http://www.cargoboom.com

Enjoy
clay

get the fck outta here :rolleyes:

devilsfan 06-13-2006 03:26 PM

Ghey.

Stacy

DDWH 06-13-2006 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f5fstop
Why blow 'em up, when you can just run 'em over:D

X2!:D

claybird 06-13-2006 03:44 PM

Interesting....we really thought you all would like the idea -- I mean doesn't everyone want to see a car jump off a ramp and explode in a ball of fire? Especially a Prius??

Thanks for checking it out...

HummerNewbie 06-13-2006 03:56 PM

Quote:

...we really thought you all would like the idea -- I mean doesn't everyone want to see a car jump off a ramp and explode in a ball of fire? Especially a Prius??...

I would say yes but seeing a Hummer drive over it would be better. The issue is more about coming here to solicit donations. Good luck with it though.

claybird 06-13-2006 04:08 PM

Yeah, I totally get the spam thing. I've been on the other side of that lots of times with forums. The only reason I thought we might be exempt is we think the website and video are fairly entertaining by themselves....donation or not.

Pretty funny though -- the Prius crowd would rather see a Hummer explode, and the Hummer crowd would rather see the Prius run over by a Hummer. Guess that shouldn't be too surprising.

claybird 06-13-2006 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alec W
Some of us practice ;)

LOL. My god that would be handy for LA parking.....

dеiтайожни 06-13-2006 06:31 PM

It costs $100k to blow up a car now-a-days? I know people who will do it for free, if you piss them off enough! ;)

But really, your friends Prius, a camera rental, and a little explosives. You're film makers!, be creative and get it done for under a couple grand. The site looks alright, use some computer magic on the shot.

You might have better luck if you outlined the expenses, I'm sure people won't want to be donating towards your rent or something.

Good luck

claybird 06-13-2006 06:47 PM

Yeah, we may add an outline for expenses -- Matt (the other guy) works for a production company and has access to stunt coordinators and all that. Just for the stunt of driving the car off the ramp and blowing it up costs about $30K, then another $30K to pay for the Prius....the last $40K is to make the actual film. I know it sounds lilke a lot, but to pull off a true Bay/Bruckheimer production is really f-ing expensive. We really want it to be over the top.

We're aiming high now, but if we raise enough for the stunt and the car we may start looking at ways to cut other costs. One way or another something's going off that ramp in a ball of flames....even if all we can afford is a stunt guy on a ten speed....

SnakeH2 06-13-2006 06:51 PM

Quote:

....even if all we can afford is a stunt guy on a ten speed....

Now we're talking. I'd kick in $100 to see that.:rolleyes:

ShaggyX 06-13-2006 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnakeH2
Now we're talking. I'd kick in $100 to see that.:rolleyes:

I am no "stunt guy" but I am willing to give it a whirl. :D:cool:

SnakeH2 06-13-2006 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaggyX
I am no "stunt guy" but I am willing to give it a whirl. :D:cool:

:) I hear the sound of wallets opening.;)

Oh, and purses:rolleyes:

claybird 06-13-2006 07:01 PM

Maybe we're approaching this the wrong way -- I bet we could save a lot of money if replaced the stunt-guy with just a drunk-guy. Hmmmmm....

ShaggyX 06-13-2006 07:12 PM

Quote:

Maybe we're approaching this the wrong way -- I bet we could save a lot of money if replaced the stunt-guy with just a drunk-guy. Hmmmmm....

Don't even need to be drunk. :D

DennisAJC 06-13-2006 07:35 PM

When you guys raise the money......

What is stopping you from changing the car of choice to a Hummer?;) I hope this doesn't turn out to be some kind of trick.

Blowing up a Prius sounds cool though.:D

claybird 06-13-2006 07:44 PM

Nope we've been sticking to our guns despite the *many* requests to switch to a Hummer. That's probably been the number one response actually to our project -- "Why not blow up a Hummer instead". But that's not the plan.

Plus, this whole thing got started because our friend Paula (the girl in the video) has the Prius -- we want to blow up Paula's Prius. It's waaay funnier to blow up her Prius than in my opinion *any* other car out there.

Seeing a Prius fly off a ramp and explode just has a certain beauty to it.