Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Chassis Lube Points (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30787)

H2bill 11-07-2007 09:19 AM

Chassis Lube Points

Does anyone have the diagram of the lube points for the H2? I had a copy Phil sent me a year or so ago and for the life of me I can't locate it.

Thanks anyone.

Easy Ed 11-07-2007 11:35 AM

Re: Chassis Lube Points

This pic may help, Ed

IRA51 11-08-2007 12:48 AM

hey mine don't have red Zerk's,must be a special edition .

Easy Ed 11-08-2007 01:58 AM

$1015.00 option. Was worth it too, after all the years and miles the paint is still there ;)

Easy Ed

H2bill 11-09-2007 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy Ed
This pic may help, Ed

Thanks. I only counted 10 when I did it so I must of missed one. :crying:

Hucky 11-09-2007 05:54 AM

I count 12 ?

IVANHUMMER 11-09-2007 06:00 AM

HEY GUYS NEW IN THE FORUMS, HI TO EVERYONE...... AND THANKS FOR THE GREAT LUBE POINTS DIAGRAM

Easy Ed 11-09-2007 11:14 AM

Hucky, The last pic (12th) is of the oil filter and oil pan drain location.

IVANHUMMER, Welcome to the site.

jmsspratlin 11-09-2007 12:38 PM

Thanks Ed for the easy-to-follow diagram. Helps out a-lot!

Easy Ed 11-10-2007 02:49 AM

jmsspratlin, No problem. I don't get to contribute much to the site so when I see a chance to help I do.

Having a 2003 with 70,000 miles on it you could say I have got to know it pretty well. Seems like any time I work on it I have the camera handy.

Just did a lube, oil change and tire rotation for the umteenth time and as usual I removed the skid plate to make it easier for me and this time I found the head of a bolt laying on the skid plate.

Turns out one of the drivers side exhaust manifold bolts had the head break off. Going to fix it a soon as I can cause from what I understand the exhaust leak can cause the up stream O2 sensor to get a false reading from the exhaust leaking out the manifold and not passing the sensor. Well it does make sense to me :D

Later, Ed

IVANHUMMER 11-11-2007 01:20 AM

Thanks Ed, i saw your pics I have the same problem a broken bolt at the same location on my 03 H2 but so far no problems passed emissions check every year and no check engine light ever.

Easy Ed 11-11-2007 04:04 AM

Thanks IVANHUMMER. Being as anal (OCD) as I am when things are broke I will someday tackle fixing it, got another project to finish first.

Playing with a 1995 Neon. Read that to mean therapy after work and weekends. Got it for the 38 mpg fuel mileage for the 60 miles a day drive for work. Got a ways to go yet, I rebuilt the 2.0 liter motor, five speed transaxle, been to the local junk yard so much they just let me "go shopping" for the parts I need, fenders, doors, trunk lids, speakers and so on. Interior has been removed and parts fixed that needed it and then everything put back in. Next project on it is to replace all the rusted brake lines, put the motor and transaxle in and hope it all works.

Later, Easy Ed

jmsspratlin 11-11-2007 04:33 AM

Wow Ed, nice job on the block! Did you have that done or did you do it yourself?

Easy Ed 11-11-2007 05:32 AM

All by myself, it is my anger management program at the end of the day, well along with the meds :)

All parts are stock but it has a reground and indexed crank, new pistons and rings, main and connecting rod bearings, head bolts, valves and seats ground (had that done), water pump, timing belt, the cam and rockers came out of a refurbished head, oil is pump rebuilt, new oil pan, all new gaskets and seals, we even milled block deck at work to get rid of pitting and to assure a good head gasket seal. Did it by attaching the block to a part we was running on the boring mill, plant manager didn't know the difference, thought we was milling the plate that was mounted on the mill. :giggling: Also, the transaxle also has new bearings and seals that I put in for good measure.

Attached is what the inside looked like before and after. Had to work on the AC and heater core. Got to remove everything dash related to get the heater box out. Figured while I was at it might as well pull everthing out which was a good thing. Was a hole in the drivers side floor board. With the help from my daughter who works at Baja Boats she was able to fiberglass it in and put carbon fiber over it. Hell, I even got all new suspension bushings, tie rods and ball joints to install yet. The brake lines got to come first though so I can put the motor and transaxle in. (need the room in the garage)

It will be spring by the time I am done with it cause the junkyard gets a little cold during the Ohio winters and there are a few parts needed yet.

My son is waiting for me to get done with it so we can fix his SRT 4 (another Neon). There is a problem with the 2nd to 3rd shift, I think it is a bent shifting fork. He plans on using a "winter car" so we may throw moms car outta the garage and go ahead on his :)

Later, Easy Ed

Easy Ed 04-22-2008 01:00 AM

jmsspratlin, If your interested in the rest the whole project is posted here http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.php?t=311817

Later, Easy Ed

finall 04-23-2008 08:23 PM

So how many lube points are there on an H2? Still waiting for an answer. 10 or 11? I can only count 10, but photo shows 11?

Who knows for sure?

tomp 04-23-2008 10:56 PM

There are 12 if you count the rear spare tire carrier

-rear tire carrier
-2 on upper control arms
-2 on lower control arms
-1 on Idler Pivot assembly
-1 on Idler Arm
-1 on Pitman Arm
-2 on tie rod outers
-2 on tie rod inners

Mine has two additional on the rear Edelbrock Panhard Rod and then 4 more on my Cognito Upper Control arm bushings. However, I have the uniball upper control arms which eliminates the upper ball joints so that deducts 2. Also, my Cognito Idler pivot assembly does not have one either. Total: I have 15

finall 04-24-2008 01:15 AM

Tomp:

Excellent! Thanks for the detailed info. Ok, I definitely missed one on the last lube. Good to know....

miller529 05-07-2009 01:08 PM

Wow! I spend a few minutes under my 05 H2 last night and only found 6 lube points, that didn't seem like enough so I did a Google search and found this thread. Thanks for the detailed info-very helpful! After reading this,I'm a little disappointed in myself for not finding more,,,lol

Paul

kalantar 02-22-2012 04:32 AM

So you have to remove the skid plate to get to all of these?
How much of PIA is it to get to these do you have to take off the tires?