Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Traction Control Problem? (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34962)

MarineHawk 08-04-2008 04:09 AM

Traction Control Problem?

My wife's 07 H3 Adv. (completely stock) started wigging out on her and left he stranded in the Target parking lot yesterday. She called me, and when I drove it, the only problem I noticed was that, at or near full lock, it appears that the brakes come on strongly. So much so, that you have to gun the vehicle to get it to barely move. My wife thinks it happened at times other than at full lock when she started noticing it. We had it towed to the dealer yesterday, which does not open until tomorrow.

I assume that this a traction control malfunction? Am I correct? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

HUMTECH 08-04-2008 04:57 AM

Re: Traction Control Problem?

Make sure its not in 4hi lock. Sounds like it is to me.

6pack 08-04-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUMTECH
Make sure its not in 4hi lock. Sounds like it is to me.

Yea, that's what I thought while I was reading your post, Hawk.

pdsq99f4 08-04-2008 08:50 PM

If it's not in 4hi lock, it probably has an internal t-case problem.

wpage 08-05-2008 12:04 PM

Track Control is the far right button on the panel. When initiated it should act as a limited slip axel correction for slippery conditions...

Generally this feature is used for snowy or really wet conditions of operations. When you need a posi track type help from the vehicle.

The 4H selection on the panel will make the steering feel wrong when you are turning the wheel sharply. A pulsing will be felt as well thru steering wheel as the front wheels push back slightly against the turning force.

HUMTECH 08-06-2008 03:26 AM

The traction control button is just there to disable traction control at the drivers discretion. Push and hold until traction disabled message is displayed. Upon the next ignition cycle traction control will automatically be activated again.

bsfh3 09-25-2009 01:16 AM

2006 H3. I have been having a problem with Traction, abs lights coming on. I had it towed to the dealer and @11k miles. They replaced the brake switch. The light came on, at 17k, the ebcm needed to be replaced. At 25k miles, another ebcm needed, once again at 29k master was ordered. The dealership closed and I couldn't get the part installed until it happened again at the new dealer. It finally came back on and the dealer said to resurface rotors? I didn't really understand why because I had the brakes done only @10k miles back. I was told we have to follow procedure, and the service advisor told me that they found the brake problem (kinda by accident). Turns out contamination of brake fluid from factory they believe. The brakes lines were bulging, broken inside near connector. Parts have to be located now, I am just mad that I bring it in all the time, on time, for service and concerns. Now they notice this after all this time? I need this posted just to make people aware. Thank goodness nothing happened, I always have my young child in this car. I have been nervous driving it because of the concerns, now I am afraid. I was told all the parts which have plastic on it are getting replaced. Shouldn't everything? Will this totally correct the problem? Please help.