Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   20" Rockstars are on (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36476)

hdmlnium 01-16-2009 10:37 PM

20" Rockstars are on

Well I just got my 20" rockstars on with 35" nitto terra graplers and everything looks great. But the center caps stick out about 2" from being flush?? Are they like that or did they send the wrong center caps?
Thanks,
Bill

Guinnessboy 01-16-2009 11:06 PM

Re: 20" Rockstars are on

i dont believe they are suppose to be like that, looks like they sent you the wrong caps, at least the wrong bolts for the caps

Drainbamaged 01-17-2009 01:42 AM

No those are the correct center caps for those wheels. Other people have had to shave the plastic stands down and trim the mounting bolts. I have no idea why they make the center caps stick so far out. I have the XD monsters on my H2 and i just left my center caps off and painted the center of the hub flat black with rustoleum. This is not the greatest pic but this is the only one that i have with a pic of my wheels with the center cap off.

lasvegash2 01-17-2009 01:54 AM

that looks really good..what color is your sut...btw that is how the old rockstars are supposed to be...i seen the new versions at the hummer dealership and its flush with the wheel

timgco 01-17-2009 02:47 AM

Yes, teh stupid center caps do stick way out. I don;t know why, but they do. I cut 1.25" off mine and they fit close. I than had to cut down the bolts too. Make sur eyou spin a ut on teh bolt first. That way after you cut it, you can just spin the nut off and you won;t have to worry about the threads on that bolt messing up your threaded hole on the rim.

Also, you may wnat to pull your tires back off and paint up those hubs. rattle can them with a rust-o spray paint. That will clean the look up quite a bit.

post up some better pics when it's lighter out. That truck looks nice. what did you put on for tires?

timgco 01-17-2009 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drainbamaged
No those are the correct center caps for those wheels. Other people have had to shave the plastic stands down and trim the mounting bolts. I have no idea why they make the center caps stick so far out. I have the XD monsters on my H2 and i just left my center caps off and painted the center of the hub flat black with rustoleum. This is not the greatest pic but this is the only one that i have with a pic of my wheels with the center cap off.

not to hi-jack this thread, but can you post up a better pic with the wheels?

Drainbamaged 01-17-2009 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timgco
not to hi-jack this thread, but can you post up a better pic with the wheels?

Here is a pic with the center caps still on the day i had them put on. I will get a better pic of the truck tomorrow as it looks today.

xZach 01-17-2009 04:15 AM

KMC makes THE BEST wheels for hummers

tomp 01-17-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xZach
KMC makes THE BEST wheels for hummers

Hutchison makes the BEST wheels for Hummers!

hdmlnium 01-17-2009 07:10 PM

Thanks for the idea to modify the center caps. I was thinking the same thing but was just a little gun shy incase they sent me the wrong center caps..
Here is a before and after..
Bill

Before.........

After...........

timgco 01-18-2009 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drainbamaged
Here is a pic with the center caps still on the day i had them put on. I will get a better pic of the truck tomorrow as it looks today.

VERY NICE!!!

Drainbamaged 01-18-2009 03:32 PM

Good job on those center caps:perfect10s: