Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Photos of YOUR H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   updated pics of front of my rig (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39821)

twenty2 07-07-2010 09:01 PM

updated pics of front of my rig

2 Attachment(s)
Painted the PIAA letters while installing HID's in PIAA housing and also headlights. Also, fabricated plexy glass in other bumper slots to hold Wielen 90W strobes. 1 in each bumper and 1 in each headlight..

H2illBilly 07-08-2010 01:44 AM

Re: updated pics of front of my rig

I like it... Thanks for the idea, I've got some 1/2 inch lexan somewhere. How did you hold the plexi in place?

twenty2 07-08-2010 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2illBilly
I like it... Thanks for the idea, I've got some 1/2 inch lexan somewhere. How did you hold the plexi in place?

thanks! I used black silicone.. Im thinking of doing a coat of VHT to tint the plexi since my rig is murdered out.

seventwozero 07-08-2010 09:52 PM

Nice looking rig man! I was looking at putting some single 10w vision x led's in my corners but that is an excellent idea too.

Do the LED turn signals still light amber?

Hummeron37s 07-10-2010 01:16 AM

I like it...:perfect10s:

Bimmer9938 07-15-2010 02:52 AM

Did they melt yet?

twenty2 07-15-2010 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimmer9938
Did they melt yet?

did what melt yet?

Hellz 07-15-2010 03:52 PM

the lexan i assume.

Lexan/plexiglass does not have a high heat resistance. even if it doesnt melt, the heat will eventually cause it to get cloudy.

it is a good idea.... i like it but may switch out the bulb for LED's or something. that way there is little to no heat produced to distort or melt the plexi/lexan

twenty2 07-15-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellz
the lexan i assume.

Lexan/plexiglass does not have a high heat resistance. even if it doesnt melt, the heat will eventually cause it to get cloudy.

it is a good idea.... i like it but may switch out the bulb for LED's or something. that way there is little to no heat produced to distort or melt the plexi/lexan

The light bulb you guys see behind the plexi glass is a Weilen strobe. The HID's are inside my PIAA housing and my headlights. The strobes I installed are for shows. There are 4 total strobes in the front.. 1 in each headlight, and 1 in each of the bumper inserts behind plexi glass as you guys see. Ill try to post a video through youtube...

815wanggaoshu 07-22-2010 03:32 AM

I like it very much, really very good

The_Yeti 07-22-2010 10:38 PM

I think it looks great, I'm tempted to find an extra pair to try this. Don't think i've got the skills though. :(