Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General H2 Discussion (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Limited Edition Pacific Blue H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42872)

Grantland 09-04-2012 09:05 PM

Limited Edition Pacific Blue H2

Has anyone done any mods to their Pacific Blue H2?

Before I fully embark into the land of mods, I wanted to get some advice on color combinations. My intention is to leave a little chrome on the truck due to the Pacific Blue (like the Rockstar 775s with dune grapplers). But I also wanted to start changing out the chrome headlight housings, door handles, gas door, etc.

It would be very helpful to hear from guys who have already gone down this road.

tomp 09-04-2012 09:20 PM

Re: Limited Edition Pacific Blue H2

What does color have to do with Mods?

Mods = reciprocating saw, welder, etc....maybe a plasma cutter. Mine are red or black, with the exception of my cordless reciprocating saw, which is a yellow DeWalt

guruerror 09-04-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomp

Mods = reciprocating saw, welder, etc....maybe a plasma cutter. Mine are red or black, with the exception of my cordless reciprocating saw, which is a yellow DeWalt

Hmmm...my welder is blue; kinda like an Azure or a Brandeis. LOL!

twinmill28 09-05-2012 03:56 PM

Don't do it! It's going to be impossible to find unmolested LE's as time goes on.
On another note, I've been thinking the LE's would probably look wicked awesome all blacked out.

SummitUp 09-05-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomp

Grantland 09-06-2012 03:56 PM

From my perspective, I have had this truck for 6 years and I just need to change it up. I have been looking all over the place for aftermarket parts, but absolutely no one appears to have a pre-finished pacific blue option. I was curious to hear about what others have done to the exterior of their pacific blue LEs (other than wheels, tires, lifts)

guruerror 09-06-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grantland
From my perspective, I have had this truck for 6 years and I just need to change it up. I have been looking all over the place for aftermarket parts, but absolutely no one appears to have a pre-finished pacific blue option. I was curious to hear about what others have done to the exterior of their pacific blue LEs (other than wheels, tires, lifts)

From what Google's Images reveal, no one has done much with the Pacific Blues except lift and rims.

http://www.google.com/search?q=pacif...=1920&bih=1052

HummerJim 09-06-2012 05:37 PM

I'm not sure of the production numbers, but I know the Pacific Blue was a rare and premium color and there can't be too many of them out there. I've only seen one Pacific Blue in person in a service bay at Lynch and it really is a striking color.

H2duramax 09-06-2012 08:48 PM

I understand your frustration and the dificulty of visualizing your deuce with any aftermarket equipment on it, most of the other colors you can see in the lifted area in a variety of diferent configurations... Blacked out, jacked up, or blinged out. But the le's are a different story.
I have looked for pics of the 2008 ultra marine le with any aftermarket wheels or lift and have not found anything. So I also have a hard time picturing my blue / green / purple deuce with anything other than a chrome package... I often wonder how it would look blacked out. I think I may need to leave some chrome due to the wild color, maybe a rbp 96 that's black with the brushed steel. But i don't know what I'm doing yet... Good luck, and be sure to post pics of whatever you end up doing.

guruerror 09-06-2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2duramax
I understand your frustration and the dificulty of visualizing your deuce with any aftermarket equipment on it, most of the other colors you can see in the lifted area in a variety of diferent configurations... Blacked out, jacked up, or blinged out. But the le's are a different story.
I have looked for pics of the 2008 ultra marine le with any aftermarket wheels or lift and have not found anything. So I also have a hard time picturing my blue / green / purple deuce with anything other than a chrome package... I often wonder how it would look blacked out. I think I may need to leave some chrome due to the wild color, maybe a rbp 96 that's black with the brushed steel. But i don't know what I'm doing yet... Good luck, and be sure to post pics of whatever you end up doing.

It'll prolly look a little like this...not too shabby!

H2duramax 09-06-2012 10:22 PM

What the deuce? That's my rig! Strong work sir, I am not computer savy enough to have done that. I appreciate it, and I really think I like the look.

guruerror 09-06-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2duramax
What the deuce? That's my rig! Strong work sir, I am not computer savy enough to have done that. I appreciate it, and I really think I like the look.

LOL! I thought you'd get a kick outta the fact that it was your truck! HAHA!

H2duramax 09-06-2012 11:51 PM

Yeah, you got me... I was a bit confused. I think it looks good with the black. Now i have to just figure out how to pay for everything else on the to do list.

Grantland 09-07-2012 01:47 AM

H2duramax, I like your rig a lot. That shade blue looks sick with your truck blacked out. I think I am going to attempt to execute a partially blacked out look with just a little bit of chrome left since my blue is more of a bright royal blue. New wheels and tire next week, then I'm going to start getting creative.

Prolly going with the Rockstar 775s just to get that small chrome accent.

I'll be sure to post pre and after picks all through out the process since there are so few pacific blues out there.

BTW - question: Griot's or Meguiar's for bumper restoration?

Big.Z.hummin 09-07-2012 07:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Looks pretty snazzy in my opinion! this guy now has a gobi stealth rack on and it looks good. I like the ultramarines blacked out
Attachment 54041

Attachment 54040

H2duramax 09-07-2012 05:15 PM

That's a sweet looking sut! Great color! That's the first one I've seen lifted.

Grantland 09-18-2012 08:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Set 1 of about 12 is complete, I have the new wheels and tire on the truck. There is so much left to do, but I thought that I would document each step on this forum of help and suggestions.

Attachment 54048

Attachment 54049