Hummer Forums by Elcova

Hummer Forums by Elcova (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2 (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Airraid (http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4884)

4churchill 12-11-2005 04:35 AM

I think I have decided to get an airraid intake....any horror stories?

thanks for the input!

4churchill 12-11-2005 04:35 AM

I think I have decided to get an airraid intake....any horror stories?

thanks for the input!

HummBob 12-11-2005 07:21 AM

I LOVE my Volant

Ernie Italy 12-11-2005 10:01 AM

Installed...no difference.

KenP 12-11-2005 03:23 PM

Whistled with the SC.

Be carefull of mud and water and over oiling.

MSeeb 12-11-2005 04:42 PM

I've had the Airaid system on the last two H2's & am having it installed on my 06 with the SC. I'm happy with the system.

tomp 12-11-2005 05:05 PM

The reason most people don't get gains from the air intakes is because they fail to change out the MAF Sensor. The stock sensor is not properly calibrated to handle the increased air flow.

The Volant system that come with the MAF sensor, is the best setup you can get!

Me personally, I have the Air Raid and Granatelli MAF Sensor. I am wanting to sell it and get the Volant. If someone wants a deal on it, it is like brand new.

HummBob 12-11-2005 05:45 PM

I find the Volant EXTREMELY responsive.

Me LIKEY

Ernie Italy 12-12-2005 08:08 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Whistled with the SC.

Be carefull of mud and water and over oiling. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why careful with mud and water ? The intake is closed... I have replaced the stock intake with the big Airrai filter and with MIT tube...

4churchill 12-14-2005 07:47 AM

tomp let me know what you are thinking price wise.....

rvs9 12-14-2005 02:54 PM

Question - if you have the Airraid system, is it designated as a "cold air induction" system? I have found the MAS on the net, but there are 2 types: One is for a regular system and the other is for a "cold air induction" system. Not sure which one I might need to purchase.

CBR_Raven 12-14-2005 02:59 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rvs9:
Question - if you have the Airraid system, is it designated as a "cold air induction" system? I have found the MAS on the net, but there are 2 types: One is for a regular system and the other is for a "cold air induction" system. Not sure which one I might need to purchase. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was wondering the same thing...

tomp 12-14-2005 09:03 PM

After installing the Granatelli MAF Sensor, I have decided to keep the AirRaid intake. The MAF really woke the entire engine up and it performs much better!

The part number for Hummer is 350120 and if you have an aftermarket cold air intake (Airraid), then the part number is 350120-C.

ROX 12-14-2005 11:16 PM

I threw the Airaid system as f-a-r as I could after only having it for two weeks. If you offroad at all, the thing fills with dirt and trail debris (bugs, leaves, water; you name it). It was noisy, and it allows hot air from the engine bay into the air system, and makes the car run hotter. Not good in HOT weather. Sorry tomp. They may have changed since I had mine 2 years ago.

If I was going to do it again I would get the Volant. It is a closed system that draws air from the outside of the car, and from what I've heard it really works well.

Good luck with your decision!

tomp 12-15-2005 12:55 AM

Yes, I admit the Volant is a better system. It ain't no secret

CBR_Raven 12-18-2005 02:41 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2 Rocks:
I threw the Airaid system as f-a-r as I could after only having it for two weeks. If you offroad at all, the thing fills with dirt and trail debris (bugs, leaves, water; you name it). It was noisy, and it allows hot air from the engine bay into the air system, and makes the car run hotter. Not good in HOT weather. Sorry tomp. They may have changed since I had mine 2 years ago.

If I was going to do it again I would get the Volant. It is a closed system that draws air from the outside of the car, and from what I've heard it really works well.

Good luck with your decision! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The Airaid kit that I have uses the stock air box. It only replaces the filter and the air tube.

PARAGON 12-18-2005 05:27 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tomp:
The reason most people don't get gains from the air intakes is because they fail to change out the MAF Sensor. The stock sensor is not properly calibrated to handle the increased air flow.

The Volant system that come with the MAF sensor, is the best setup you can get!

Me personally, I have the Air Raid and Granatelli MAF Sensor. I am wanting to sell it and get the Volant. If someone wants a deal on it, it is like brand new. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Shut the fck up. Dude, you have come here and given out some crappy advice on stuff you have no idea on what you are talking about.

the "stock sensor is not properly calibrated to handle the increased air flow?" Are you just dumb? Flow doesn't increase any more than before. Why would more air magically be forced into the filter box?

The MAF measures the flow. The only difference between the stock one and the aftermarkets is that the stock has a metal "screen" with holes that is purported to restrict air flow to the throttle body. Of course, this doesn't really matter unless you are at or near WOT when the engine would be requiring the most air.

-
-
I have an Airaid filter in the stock box with a Granatelli MAF and a Airaid Modular Intake Tube. My opinion is to get a high flow filter and get a programmer if you want a little more. The H2 seems to be setup efficiently as stock.

tomp 12-18-2005 09:41 PM

Paragon, you are obviously dumb and lying as well. If you actually owned the Granatelli like you claim in the other post, you would know that they BOTH have the honeycomb perforations that you are calling a screen. They don't show it (honeycomb) on the pics on the internet, but if you owned one you would have seen it's there.

Yes, the stock unit can not adjust for the proper amount of increased air from an aftermarket intake as it reaches the max threshold. Also, it makes improvement on the low end as well since it is more accurately metering the intake charge.

PARAGON 12-18-2005 10:09 PM

Tell you what, you take a picture of yours and post it and then I'll take a picture of mine. Hell, there is probably already a picture on this site of mine.

Dumbass.

tomp 12-18-2005 11:40 PM

Okay, you post your pic first since you brought it it and I will post both my stock and the Granatelli.