View Single Post
Old 01-27-2004, 01:04 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

Frank,
I love the soft top. It gets real cold up in wisconsin as well, the thing to make sure you get if you are going to drive a soft top in the cold is a 98 or newer HUMMER. 98 was the first year for the insulated soft top, I have NEVER been cold in my soft top. The other option is to get an older non insualted soft top and convert it to the newer top. The new top insulates as well as a hard top HUMMER, and sound proofs about the same as a hard top. I have had no problems with it, it is water proof and very durable. The only thing that kind of sucks about it is because it is so thick and large it is quite heavy. Getting it off by myself is not really a problem, but putting it back on with one person can be interesting. There are lots of people out there that will tell you that it takes 15 minutes to get off and up to a half hour to put back on, that is crap. I can get the top off of my car in 5 minutes by myself. Putting it back on with two people takes about ten minutes. I am 100% satisfied with mine, if I were to replace it I would definetly get another rag top.

Carey Harkness
1998 HMCO

-007=