View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 11:00 PM

Mango is off the scale

Sounds like I have created a monster. Just for the record, I ordered a pair of 540 fogs today and should have them by friday. I'm planning to either attach them to the steel bumper below the DRL opening (which would mean cutting a hole in the bottom of the plastic DRL opening) or to have a bracket fabricated to use the factory mounting holes--depends on how much the mounting pedestal on the bottom of the light protrudes below the reflector assembly.

Triman, can you give us more info on the bracket you used? Did you use the factory mounting holes on the back of the DRL opening? Did the installer have to cut any of the plastic in the factory opening? Are you able to adjust the aiming on the lights?

I think I will leave the lights wired as is, so they will function as DRLs during the day and fogs at night. Probably will use the PIAA supplies wiring and use the factory connection to trigger the PIAA relay.

Sure hope they fit with light guards on. Very cool look!!!

Mango -- Saltwater Flyfisherman, Photographer, Varmint Hunter -- Fort Worth, Tx

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

[This message was edited by Mango on January 27, 2003 at 05:08 PM.]

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"