View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 05:13 AM

sheag is off the scale

I am getting ready in mere days to buy my Hummer. I found one I really like, no, am madly in love with, at a local dealership (actually they have several in this color and model..at least for now). In addition, I am thrilled with the sales guy who is selling to me at MSRP, so I'm pretty sure this is it. It's Sunset Orange and has the Lux and Adv pkgs (I didn't really want the lux pkg, but nearly all dealer inventory here seems to have it, so whatever, as long as it has the adventure too, I'm cool). It also has the sunroof. The dealer is installing a *second* sunroof just behind the first one for people who want it. Does anyone here have this? It seems like it would be great for me, I live in Hawai'i so actually will get a lot of use out of the sunroofs. But I hadn't heard it mentioned here.

Also I've seen online that you can purchase a wood dash trim kit. Anyone here have one? I really like the look of the wood dash trim in the H1s I've seen, but I've never seen it in an H2. Comments?

Lastly, one of the Hummers on the lot had a tire and rims upgrade. It made it look unbelieveable. My sales guy said they could switch them out, but it's an additional $3600. Yikes! I wonder if it's worth it?

Thanks to all who answered my post the other day on dealer experiences. I visited four area dealers over the wknd, got ignored at one (I'm a female driving a Saturn, so no big surprise), condescended to at another. But at this dealership where my H2 awaits, I was treated great. I was test driving in about 3 seconds, doing 360s in the Safeway parking lot, taking her out on the highway and enjoying the dropped jaws. The sales guy spent a lot of time with me, they have one of the 49 anniversary edition H1s on the lot and he got the key and showed it to me and told me about his two weeks at the plant in Indiana. I know he's a sales guy, but it was nice to at least have a pleasant dealer experience. When I bought my Dodge Ram quad cab the idiot sales guys kept trying to talk me into a minivan.

I will be using this truck for serious offroading to surf spots others can only dream about reaching in their Wranglers. I can't wait!

Shea