View Single Post
Old 03-20-2005, 01:13 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JMV1210:
Las Vegas,
Put mine in today and it works well, but I noticed when it moves to auto close, it stops before it gets all the way in and does not seal. In fact when it opens it open relatively fast, but on close it’s slow.... If I assist the sunroof with my hand by applying pressure the sunroof will close all the way and seal.
Thoughts? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I assume you are certain this didn't exist before installing the express module. If not, say so. With that said, the only thing that might cause this is low voltage/current - poor connections. The only other possibility would be a defective module but I doubt that. I would start by checking the wiring sequence per my install wire colors & their instructions. Be certain the correct wires are on the correct side i.e. motor side - switch side. Then I would check ALL the connections you made for good solid contact. Redo them if necessary. Did you use quick connectors? They can be a little tricky. If that doesn't correct the problem, bypass the AutoLoc system and see if it's still slow closing. If it isn't at least you've isolated the problem to the AutoLoc (or your install). You'll need to resolve this because continued use at low voltage/current can damage the motor. Nobody else has experienced this problem. Let me know what you find.