View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

MajorGeek is off the scale
Default Re: IF YOU DRIVE AN FJ YOU MIGHT BE A SISSY

Again, from personal experience from a friend who owned 3 Hummer 1's. He laughed at H2's and used to complain when they waved to him because they were not in a real Hummer. He has sold his, not liking where the brand went. Of course, with such low sales, the brand is going where it needs to. I have had H3 drivers wave to me, but you could try your own test and wave to some H2 drivers to see what happens. Of course, I dont need to tell you his response to my buying a H3 For me, I would have bought an H2, but 2 things stopped me. First, the dealer totally ignored me as I got in, climbed under and looked the H2 over for a good 15 minutes. No other customers in site, a good 5 salesman sitting by the window at their desks eating lunch. The other is the size, I like to keep my truck clean and fit it in a garage But, you can pass this same argument onto Corvette Vs. Viper and countless other comparisions. A big swing factor for me is the appeal of the car. I'll take a hit in some form as far as performance if I have the car or truck I want.

Anyhow, im with you, I just dont get the whole disrespect of a brand name solely. Watching people argue on the internet has always been a pet peeve of mine, it turns any discussion thread into an unreadable spam fest.