View Single Post
Old 01-26-2003, 04:15 PM

Mango is off the scale

Has anyone replaced their DRLs with real fog lamps? With all the progress that's been made getting the DRLs on at night, I've started wanting for a brighter wider spread from them. Thus, begins my new quest--replacing the DRLs with REAL fog lamps.

The DRL opening in the plastic bumper is about 5 1/2 inches and the factor DRLs appear to mount with two threaded posts on the back. The only 5 inch round fog lamps I have found is the PIAA 540. Mounting these will be the challenge, but it looks like it might be possible to mount these to the steel bumper under the plastic opening or perhaps a bracket could be fabricated to use the factory configuration. Still it doesn't look like an easy project.

http://www.piaa.com/displayLamp.php3?inc=540.html

SMA, in their custom H2 (see photo) obviously made a similar modification. Looks like those may actually be PIAA 540s on their rig. Anybody done anything like this or have any ideas? Anybody know what SMA did with their rig???

Mango -- Saltwater Flyfisherman, Photographer, Varmint Hunter -- Fort Worth, Tx

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Attached Images

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"