View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 06:29 PM
Hummer Professional

31_bandits is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pics of your ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
You can have "blacked out" blingers too Just because it is black, doesn't necessarily make it any more practical.

I think the whole "Chrome won't get you home" thing was more about practical modifications to your truck, rather than those just for show, (chrome, black or otherwise). Incidentally, "Chrome won't get you home" was around a long time before H2's, and was often referencing Jeeps covered in bling.

I'm nearly sure that in a court of law i could produce evidence showing that i've called blackers "just another form of bling" a handful of times on this very forum. I agree with your point, if that was the point you intended to make: either blacking or blinging is just modification of a vehicle to "enchance" image. Save, i guess, blacking due to persistent damage that is just too annoying to keep shiny.

"Chrome won't get you home" is new to me, but i'm beginning to wonder if someone should say "chrome held on by 3M tape won't be coming home" as a marketing slogan for methacrylate adhesives.

Last edited by 31_bandits : 08-07-2006 at 06:58 PM.