View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

MR Tool is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by sfox:

I do have a question though, and this is not to slam or anything. If the Rubicon wan't offered, would this even be an arguement? Could a bone stock Wrangler keep up with an H2 without the Rubicon upgrades? I've always said the Rubi and the H2 are real similar in terms of capability, but stock TJ's I don't think so (and nobody makes an arguement for the GC or KJ).

S

Good question. I believe that 95% of the people who buy Rubicons are going to use it off-road. Why else would you drop another 7-10k for what is to the average driver a sticker on the hood, nicer wheels and a toggle swith on your dash??

The fact that they CAN come out with this type of package says alot for the engineers. I'm also pretty sure they woud have done more like 33' tires, lift, etc. but then you have the 5% of idiots that think it's a sports car and kill themselves and sue and sue and sue.

I bought Jeep cause I can take the top off, has 4WD, and they finally made it in a color I was looking for. I bought a Rubicon because of all the stuff the average driver don't see.

If you bought an H2 for it's off-road capability, then IMO you are a fool. If you bought an H2 because of it's styling, road manners,luxury items, in conjuction with it's off road capibilty then kudos.