View Single Post
Old 01-25-2007, 04:42 AM
Hummer Professional

Hunner is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spring hanger/shock mount skid plate

Yeah I know I too am frustrated. I go every Thursday and try to get an answer. Its always a friendly, "Im running the machine 24/7 and I will work it in." I tried several other places and they did not want to mess with it. I told him I will buy 40 each which will be 20 sets. It will either happen or not. I will keep trying. If they just cut them out I have a friend that builds race car frames that can weld them, he does awesome welds, but that would add cost. The way its set up the laser cuts a slot for the brackets to fit in so it is lined up and stronger. He just has not found a time to stop production to stick these in the machine. Sorry Im trying. H2o could Im sure make them. This was just a fast, haha, easy way to mass produce them and I was trying to help everybody with minimum cost. If there is a better way to do this or if Im violating any forum rules just let me know. From what I have seen its pretty much anything goes. If no one else is making something like this except maybe Amstar, which my dealer does not do business with, how can they have an opinion? Am I missing something? I saw what I understand to be negative feelings. I finally got the image to work by saving in paint and converting to jpg. I think this is a more functional design although similar in appearence, as stated before it has to go in one place determined by the design of the H3. As I have stated before this is a full inch wider and covers the shock mounting bolt and lower shackle plate. I also radiused the corners more. It has a gusset under the brackets. I also included the front ones. The others only covered the ends of the ubolts.
Maybe I will just haul a pile of them out to MOAB break out the impact and we can have a mass transformagation of H3's!! This what I get for being a nice guy.
Attached Images

Traded 06 I-5 for 08H3 ALPHA/Adv,WarnPowerPlant9500,Warn 9000ti rear,Steelcraft brush/winch mt,RockyRoadrails/Hunner mod,GMUCP,Hunner rear/shock skids,OEM roof lights,Rola rack,2GoLights,Hunner steering gear mount,Purple Cranium diff guard,BulletProof tie rods,ARBsnorkle, SyKlone prefilter,Hunner intake pipe.

Last edited by Hunner : 01-25-2007 at 06:39 AM.