View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale
Default Re: I'm thinking about switching over to the other team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNH2
Ok I went back at it, figured out a few mistakes, but I think you might have made a few too. There are probably a few fine points that could be argued but this is as close as I could get the two. Apple still comes with better software.

OK, my bad on configuring it wrong. There isn't enough left over after getting the Dell to also purchase the Denon stereo receiver. But, for the money, you are going to get more bang for the buck going PC - too much competition, prices will always be lower.

It's almost like the H3. There aren't a lot of aftermarket companies yet, so the prices stay high. Tack on that Hummer owners are perceived as 'loaded' with cash (trust me I'm not), and so the price will be high not because of cost but because of the perceived purchasing power of the buyers in that market. The same bumper for a Jeep might be 10, 15, or 20% cheaper than an H3 because that's what the Jeep owners will pay.

And wow, I burned a good portion of 'casual work' Friday hanging around these forums...maybe I'll go take a half day...