View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

MajorGeek is off the scale
Default Re: H3er thinking about moving to an H2..need help

People used to ask me if it got claustorphobic. Oddly enough, I am and it never bothered me. As you pointed out, because of simply size, it works better on the H2. Using ATM's or backing up is EASIER in the H2, at least for me. I worked for Airborne Express for 12 years driving vans and truck about 70,000 miles a year, so driving boxy things is nothing new to me.

Storage is weird, the H2 lacks room, unless you fold seats down, I am sure specs are out there, but the H3 really has decent storage area comparably. I though the H3 needed to be about 2 inches wider because the center console lacked any storage and when you had a passenger, you are almost cuddling It was a bit cramped feeling between that and the windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waikikiTed
I should point out that I DO like the H3. I have rented them many times myself and was VERY impressed with the amount of cargo storage.

When we moved to Portland last summer, we did an IKEA trip to Seattle and I filled that thing to the MAX, every nook and cranny. People were like "no way" youre going to do this in one trip. Well, 165 miles left no choice but to! thanks to the boxy inside, there's maximum use of all storage space unlike something like the Infinitiy Rx series.

I think the only disadvantage of the H3 in my opinion is that this interior design, and the window placement/style only works on the H2 because it's higher than the average vehicle. Utilizing the same design on the H3 at a lower viewing level creates more blind spots. Ultimately, it wouldn't stop ME from buying the H3.