View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: badly punched tire, advice please

thanks guys,

I already got the punched tire in the trunk and stock spare installed, took me well over an hour to do it (I worked carefully) but at least now I know what to do if I'm stuck somewhere; I spoke with the Hummer/Vogue (same dealer here) and they said to bring it over so I'm heading there right now...I'll check out if they'll have some other options for me while there....

edit: looks like the tire was not suitable for repair after all - the dealer gave me a new tire for free, I paid only $25 for labor - they installed the new tire, put the spare back on the gate plus reset the tire monitor that stayed previously lit at "low tire" after I put the spare on, so for now I'm set. I asked the service manager about off-road capability of these tires, and he insisted that that they're great for both freeway and off-road and that he personally uses the same type so not sure what to think about it. I guess I'll sooner or later try them off-road and see how it goes, and chances of hitting such a bolt on the street again are small I hope. However, I'm definitely thinking about a different set of tires and rims - probably when I get next puncture I'll want to swap them. At the same time the chrome stepbars will most likely have to go as well, those things seem to mainly catch the dirt and add weight. I regret that I paid for all this stuff, oh well.. love the car otherwise.

Last edited by Dave92270 : 08-01-2007 at 11:40 PM.