View Single Post
Old 09-22-2007, 09:43 PM
Elcova Rookie

medihummer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Magnacharger supercharger and air intake

Dear H2 brute,

I've been looking for a new airfilter too on my supercharged H2. I contacted Terry Pedicard the technician from Magnuson superchargers and he advised me to stay with stock air box. He says that they tested several setups on a dyno run with their supercharger system and all had less power than the stock box. This guy knows what he is talking about he has a lot of experience and he tested everything in identical test conditions.He says you can gain a few horses on non blown engines but not on supercharger applications. I'd rather believe him instead of the bull**** of guys that claim they can feel the difference of .5 % of power gain. All the talks about intake boxes and airfilters is merely bull****. I've seen a few really well documented articles with air box replacements and dyno proof before and after. None has convinced me. If you win 2 or 3 hp mostly you loose on torque. The factory box takes the air from the right side outside the engine compartment. All systems with a cone filter in the engine compartment suck hotter air and lose power. These systems are by definition worse than stock. It seems a contradiction but if your supercharger has to suck air through a smaller pipe with more resistance, you will get a small lowered air pressure in the aspiration duct and this will lower the temperature. So on blown application more intake resistance does not mean less power by definition. I'd think twice if you consider a new intake system for power gains.