View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

Grizzy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Magnacharger supercharger and air intake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttkresurfacing
Grizzy,
If you go to pulley down, you may want to think about adding methanol injection. The maggies seem to get heat soaked by 8# on a 6.0 . As far as tuning you may try Nelson Performance if you don't have anyone good locally. He has done the tuning for mine and Orangecrush's with very good results. I am also getting ready to install a cam, 90mm throttle body, 8#, and methanol and will have him retune for the additions.

Tim

Nice! Two big questions, 1st, where is Nelson Performance located and can you send me over the phone #? 2nd, what have you done so far with your transmission and do you plan on doing anything else?

I'm suppose to have a local guy who builds race transmissions look at my tranny. I figured I'd give him and a couple others a chance to give me their opinions as well as a quote. I'm trying to gather as much info on the tranny as possible and replace/rebuild the components for optimal performance and longevity, and not just start replacing parts because I read it somewhere. So far I'm leaning towards upgraded torque converter, corvette servos, manual pressure regulator instead of electric, and kevlar bands. Does this sound like the right direction?

As far as going to the smaller pulley, my local dealer is gonna look into it tomorrow before he orders the part and call me back. I will remind him about the heating issue with the blower and see if he recommends anything. Perhaps a larger heat exchanger.?.? I see that magnuson has several to choose from although a larger exchanger would most likely have to be custom fit.

Methanol? How about nitrous! I see online at magnuson that nitrous may be directly blown into the magnacharger. However, depending on the amount of nitrous added, the twin screws may eventually show unusual wear as far as the finish of the screws themselves. This eventually will lead to failure and a premature rebuild of the blower itself. I got the forementioned information from an online manual at magnusons web site. My thoughts are, maybe a subtle 50lb shot of nitrous would be sufficient. Remember that up above I mention longevity of the tranny? Well, I want the motor to last as well! So the smaller pulley, methanol, nitrous, is all up in the clouds right now. Not sure how far I'm willing to go with this just yet. But certainly looking into everything. My local dealer wants to go ahead and rebuild the motor from the bottom up. I would like to wait on that, atleast until I blow this motor first. =)

Last edited by Grizzy : 09-25-2007 at 02:22 AM.