View Single Post
Old 10-29-2008, 04:03 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Water leak driver side carpet wet

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschett
Water leaks are sometimes a real bich to find. I used to work in an autobody shop repairing these. I know it may sound strange, but are you parking it in a different position? Sometimes it's a twist in the body. The easiest way to find it is to have someone use a spray hose while you're on the inside locating the leak. You can make any vehicle leak, so spray it like it's raining!

We do the exact same thing at both my bodyshops. Porschett told you EXACTLY what I tell customers. I had a customer with a new Mercedes that had a leak in the trunk.

He brought the car in like 4 times for us to find the leak. Each time, I would lay in the trunk with a flashlight and have someone spray a hose and/or pressure washer and look for the leak.

Each time, we couldn't find a leak.

Each time, the customer would return and tell us about his leak. After quizzing the customer, I learned that he parked in a downwards slope in his driveway.

When I jacked the car up and tried to duplicate the angle the car sat while in his driveway, guess what, the inside of the trunk got wet.

Anyway, take Porschett's advice and try the same thing. Try hard enough and you'll find it.

Mark

PS. One more trick to make sure the windshield isn't leaking....

Spray foam glass cleaner on the outside of the windshield. Take a air hose with an air nozzle and spray air on the inside of the windshield. If the windshield isn't sealed correctly, you'll blow the foam all over the place.