View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Can An H3 Go Thru Two Feet Of Urban Flood Waters..??

I was on my way home last night from a friends house who lives in Ventnor NJ. If you have been watching the weather you know we got some Bad Ass Rain up here in the North East.

Ventnor New Joisey is a Beach town between the Atlantic Ocean and on the west side is the Bay. The bay side floods like a MF'er...at least two to three feet of water.

Anyway I was on my way home in my 3 with the off road package on the bay side street that runs down towards Jerome ave Bridge which takes you off the island. Using this street is a straight run with no traffic lights. It's one way. As I started down the street I saw a cop car side ways blocking the street with his lights on forcing me to make a left turn away from the high watres.

So that's the way I went. I ended up on the main drag with all the A holes in their little compacts cruzing at 5 MPH. Well...that pissed me off so I made a right and went back down to the flooded street 2 blocks past the cop.

I turned onto the flooded one way street and started cruzing thru the high water. No prob's the 3 just spewed the water up in the air and kept going. I stopped and opened my door and looked down and saw the water slapping my step rail. Kept going and then is when I started to see stalled cars with there flasher on.

I drove past as slow as I could so I wouldn't make a giant wake... But the 3 cherned up some high water that slapped the cars up against the door handles .

So I go down a little further around the short bend in the road and what do I see....???? Two Police cars with no drivers in them with the flashers on and water up over the lower door seem. . Came out on Jerome Ave ...headed for the Margate Causeway Bridge and cruzed on home.

Now this might not be so exciting to you heavy duty Off roaders who have forded Hood high water.. and climbed rocks. And I have been off road and done a few things with my 3...but when your on the street and see pick up trucks and other SUV's stuck or flooded out and your ass cruzes by in a HUMMER...Let me tell you..It's a great feeling when you look over and ther on the phone calling AAA.