View Single Post
Old 02-13-2009, 01:55 AM
Hummer Veteran

Luv2Camp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My h2's done with

I just traded in my 98 Disco to my Hummer dealer when I bought my 06 LUX H2. I owned the Rover since 2000 and it was one great vehicle for me. It was on the beach EVERY weekend when we lived in NY. The only issues I had with the vehicle the 9 years that we owned it was steering box leaked and exhaust rotted (due to the salt water I am sure!) at 98000 miles I had to replace the front calipers and the radiator... For a British vehicle and all of the horror stories I have heard I must have been one of the lucky ones! TThe thing that I would be scared of on the newere ones is the air shocks as they have had a TON of problems with them... BUT I have to say that the best thing was trading it in to get our H2...... We love the vehicle. On a side note, I just changed the gear oil in the diffs tonight and still have to laugh that the GM gear oil actiually states that the gear oil now has a grape scent to it. WHAT???? I have to admit I did smell it and it does have a grape scent. Do they do this so they can smell the fluid on a a bad rear to tell if the fluid has been replaced with something other than the GM issue oil???