View Single Post
Old 09-23-2003, 09:51 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Scrover, the only thing I don't like about Land Rovers is that Ford owns them and I am a GM guy but that's about it, otherwise, I think they're quite capable, comfortable off-road vehicles. I did go out with one brand new disco that rather easily clawed up a hill. I was rather impressed as it did it quite effortlessly. Later in the day the disco did lose it's traction control and was grounded in terms of the rough stuff but I think that can and will happen to any of us.

As far as your comment about 0% Steve I would have to disagree. I have gone out with Steve now 3 times and EVERY time I have had difficulty in one area or another where he did not. I did get stuck at White Mountain as well 2 weeks ago and Steve winched me out from the top. It's possible that he loosened up the slope as he tore up it but I would have to say it was primarily driver skill to get up that sucker. I am amazed at what the H2 will do but don't think just anyone can jump behind the wheel and make it do tricks as I am sure is the same with rovers.

We hope to see some of you guys this Sunday.