View Single Post
Old 12-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

pohlease is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CHECK AIR SUSPENSION!!!!

Well I never thought it would happen to me. I got to my sister's for Christmas (an hour from home) and realized my rear end had bottomed out. My rear end did fishtail at one point on the way here...I am not sure that has anything to do with it. It looks like my driver side bag is partially inflated but my passenger side is completely deflated. Both sides are on the bumpstops.

Should I have gotten a "service air suspension" warning or something? I've read that though other people's airbags had popped they could still hear the compressor pumping? I don't hear that either. I checked the fuse in the dash and the larger fuse in the engine bay both look good. The button to raise the truck does nothing when i depress it.

I have a 2003 Adventure package. Is there anything else I should look at? Unfortunately it is Christmas day and I am not sure when I am going to be able to get it to a dealer. Should I tow it home? I think my long term plan will be to replace the airbags with a regular shock system...as much as that pains me.