View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: rantin and ravin

Finally things are getting like the old days again! I thought Paragon or Dan Rather might be online again! As an aside, we had HORRIBLE THUNDERSTORMS in the Midwest yesterday. Thank heavens the baseball sized hail was 10 miles north of here. Of course I picked this weekend to go out to the cabin in the Ozarks and blasted through the creek in my H2 with about 3 ft of water yesterday afternoon but only 10 ft wide and running fast. At my advanced age pushing 70 I should know better, but the H2 got boyant for a moment and that caught my attention. Don't laugh - after a similar experience in another 4X4 I always keep two life jackets under the back seat of my H2 because I do a lot of water with it. Still have power and satellite here on the hill, but the creek is running too high to leave today - about 4 ft now and three times as wide as normal. There are also some big limbs on the trail which will mean probably getting my chain saw out for a few. If all fails, I have enough gas for the generator and food and beer to last me for a week, so keep the entertainment coming!