View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 02:42 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Duramax conversion update....

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwozero
I guess its been so long I forgot the details of the build but what year truck did the Dmax you used come from? Does it utilize stock intake and somewhat of a stock exhaust? (from the dmax truck, not stock h2) Or is there some sort of custom exhaust setup on it?

I can't wait to see photos and hear it! Way to take a rare and unique truck and make it even more rare and unique

I bought a 2007.5 Duramax LBZ engine and allision trans with 44K miles on it. (it's as close as I could find to what was on my H2...high 40's)

I spent 3K on a built allison trans so I could add the PPE tune. The tune I chose is the middle of the road... an add'l 225HP and 360FTLBS of torque.

I didn't do the power increase as much for power as much as gas mileage. As you know, the more you lean out a diesel, the better and more efficient it runs. I've read of guys getting 20-26 mpg tuning their setup. If I can break 20, I'll be thrilled to death.

I bought a cold air intake and left the exhaust stock off the 2500. I didn't want some obnoxious huge exhaust blowing black smoke everywhere.

Mark