Thread: 100,000 miles!!
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Hummer Professional

It\'s a Dry Heat is off the scale
Default Re: 100,000 miles!!

2004 24,000 + got it after I retired. Retired because of health, I loved working. Never drove it out of town except for Hummer runs. Live in Phoenix area, Az. I thought the oil cooler maybe a warranty problem so never changed mine.

If some one would point me to the oil cooler mod that would be great.

I would like to build a functional hood vent. Place an oil cooler under it. Build it so close to the original hood vent look, that an untrained eye will not tell it from the original hood vent. Have looked for such a thing, no luck, except big hood vents, no thanks. I'm building a plasma table and have a milling machine... and lots of time. Welding Aluminum or mild steel is not a problem. Maybe an idea will pop into my head, it does happen sometimes.

This is a current picture of my Hummer, taken yesterday, Aug 20, 2011. That's my wife, she can weld as good as I. - Home projects: link below.

My wife drives a 2011 Prius.

The main page of my site has picture of my Hummer. That little climb in the picture, I had the front locker engaged, did not spin a wheel. No bing on my truck.

My Hummer has never been in the shop! Everything still working perfect. Only things I've added inside is sun roof, factory blue tooth, original console lid replaced with one that locks, a utility shelf on dash for radios, GPS.

Vern

Last edited by It\'s a Dry Heat : 08-22-2011 at 03:52 AM.