View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 13.50's or 15.50's?

I've been in the same boat as some of you guys in regards to tire size. The reasons I stuck with 38's were the advice I got from my shop, carrying a spare, and being able to match up gears, programmers, etc. With 4.88 gearing, a programmer, and other mods, I'm able to cruise all day long at 75mph, and don't find my truck constantly downshifting at the slightest hill. In fact, at 70mph on a hill, I can easily still accelerate up to 75mph or greater. Prior to the gears, my truck would downshift, and I'm afraid going with 40's would cause this again, even with the 4.88's.

Another benefit I've found by staying with 38's is that no programmers, custom tunes maybe, go up to 40" tire sizes. They top out at 38's. With the gears and programmer, my speedo is corrected. I feel it keeps the truck more drivable. But, please keep in mind, I'm saying this without having driven an H2 with 40's.

I will say, however, that all the pictures with 40" tires is really tempting me. They DO look awesome! Maybe after I get a third car...
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat