View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

twinmill28 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: At the dealer again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by [__--MUD--__]
****, you already have all those components replaced... But for anyone else having steering issues- Definately call AGR! ****ing dealers said there was nothing wrong w/ my steering pump every time I brought it in...they said they are all that way- No power in parking lot manuevers.
I literally snapped the shaft ****ing around in the snow. Replaced the pump w/ an AGR unit. WOW. If I would of ever had any clue how much of a difference that is- It hands down would of been my 1st mod even if the stock pump was still good.
w/ my 38s stopped on dry pavement, I can damn near literally throw the steering wheel and turn the tires!
On the truck forums, there's some guys that religiously flush the entire powersteering system on a yearly basis. A good high quality synthetic powersteering fluid makes a difference also. Less likely to burn the fluid.
Thanks for some really good info MUD. I book marked your power steering write up on CHO last year when you posted. At that time we were having issues with our PS, and the prospect of backing a travel trailer into any spot with non-operative gear was daunting. Our 2 was under warranty at the time so it went to the dealer. Our service manager, who always took care of me, gave the truck back with no work performed; his techs said it was good. The last visit I took it to them before we moved out of state and told him I needed something to give--it just was getting bad. He had his techs replace the pump since he knew we were going long distance and this would the last good dealer service. Problem went away until a couple weeks ago I was parked in a tight spot with the tires turned and a car right on top of me. I couldn't get the wheels to turn and it got scary. We're probably going to have the local dealer fix it under warranty (should be 1 year after the last fix). The final solution will be the AGR pump--your recent post about it still holding up only reinforces this as a smart decision.
Thank you--