View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 07:43 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Man, I am FUKKING PISSED

As most of you know, I am in the bodyshop business... I have been for 30 years. I?m extremely anal and everything in my shop is word of mouth and referral only... no phone books, no advertisements, blah, blah, blah.

We do mostly collision work but we do a lot of custom/restoration stuff too. Last year we painted a ?63 split window Corvette for Rick Hendrick?s personal museum. We have a ?67 of his in there now and a ?71 cutlass coming next week.

I?m extremely anal about not having paint on my vehicles. When I purchased my SUT a few years ago, my main concern was if it had any add?l paintwork.

There was none to be found. I?m so anal about the condition of my paint on my vehicles that if I am forced to park in a normal parking spot, I always check my doors to make sure they haven?t been dinged. I can tell you ever mark, chip or scratch on my truck.

Other than getting the duramax installed (which you can bet your sweet ass that I went over every square inch of that truck when I got it back) the only other two times it?s been away from me was last week when the dealer installed the power steering gear and a couple of months ago when I sent it to the stereo shop to have some add?l cameras installed.

So today I?m talking to my insurance company on the phone outside and as I?m talking to them, my eyes are checking for dings or dents.

WHAT THE FUK DO I SEE???? In the bottom right corner of the front driver?s door, there is a dent (almost crease) in it. I?m like, WTF? It?s too large for me to have missed it and I just had some paintless dent removal work done a couple of months ago when someone dinged my door.

Upon closer inspection, I find it has been bondo?d over (about a dozen pinholes in the bondo) painted and had the clear burned in. Overall, it?s about a square foot of repair work... it?s bad enough it?s been repaired, it?s a SHlTTY job. They cleared over a scrape in the bare metal, there?s pinholes in the bondo, they didn?t buff out all the wetsand marks...

I AM FURIOUS....

I hauled ass to the dealership and made a scene with the owner because I forgot about the stereo shop (which coincidently shares a parking lot with a crappy bodyshop)

I?m so freakin? pissed, I can?t sleep. I have to go see if I can fix a vibration in my POS Jeep but I promise you, me and the stereo shop is going to have a serious fukking talk.

I can feel my blood pressure rising now... I would have rather someone be honest and say, ?hey man, I?m sorry but we messed up your truck? than do some crappy work which now I?ll have to make a bigger repair to fix theirs.

FUKKKKKKKKK

Mark