View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 02:40 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where is all this hate coming from??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big.Z.hummin
it's the world we live in.. people can hate for the simple fact that they can, not even counting ignorance or jealousy.

that being said back in february I got my deuce nice and stuck out in the Lake sardis mud here in MS. and while i was waiting for my recovery call to arrive a group of 4wheelers pulls up and this guys kids is just loving my rig and talking to his dad about it. im about 20 feet away and he clearly says loud enough for me to hear, "Son its just a different body on a tahoe frame" to which his son replies, "Ive never seen a tahoe do something like that before" I just kept my mouth shut and gave a big smile.. people can hate all they want. bottom line the deuce is still sitting in my driveway no matter what kind of sh*t people want to run at me.

Ignoring it makes them even more mad
Yeah...I agree, but the Tahoe-thing gets me every time. LOL. People that spout their assumptions as 'facts' just kills me. I'm compelled to administer calm correction...with a smile...every time.

I'd actually be interested to know the percentage of parts that an H2 and Tahoe actually have in common. I'm thinking maybe 15%...and that's probably mostly interior instrumentation and controls; climate control, head units, etc. Then I'd like to cross reference a Wrangler and a Liberty and see what you get...

...and really, so what if it WAS a Tahoe frame and mechanics? The Tahoe is still a six-lug, body-on-frame truck with locking diffs and a V8. I bet this sucker would follow a Jeep/Hummer just about anywhere: