View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

cashville is on a distinguished road
Default Re: P0053, now P0171 and P0174

So lets see..

I had error P0053 which indicates bad sensor/wiring in bank 1. The other day I got a blinking engine light when I was parking, so I just turned the engine off and on, and it went away, I left the truck in the parking space and only picked it up the next day with no problems. I think I should say this because it might help with something.
I figured it might have to do with the bad sensor, so I didn't make much of it (although now I now it means engine misfire, but I don't know if it could be related).

The 2 sensors arrived, and I switched them on both banks.

Right after switching them, and starting the engine, about 2 miles after I get the P0171 and P0174. I cleared the errors several times now, just to see if they come up frequently, and they do.
I never got those errors before, but I know they are common on the H2's. (Also I should point out, that I just got this H2, I only made about 150miles on it, but it came with the P0053 error already on, and not any others).

The thing is, if I never got an error on bank 2 before, and now I'm getting the P0174 which is a read from bank 2, could it be that the old sensor on bank 2 was completely dead (or disconnected) and didn't pick up anything, and these new sensors are good and are indeed correct on the vacuum leaks?

I just don't want to go ahead and purchase an oem sensor, wait 2 weeks for it to arrive, and see it didn't solve anything.
I don't know with what I should start on this matter...

Last edited by cashville : 09-18-2012 at 05:18 AM.