View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Upgrade Steering and Suspensions Parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by citiboy
Finished wheeling last week....broke my RF half-shaft AGAIN on the way home in the highway....WTF??? This time is the outer Cardone Select. I think, the outer bearing cage cracked when i did some rock crawlin' and finally let go on the highway. No broken tie-rods though . Man, i wish that RCV half-shaft was not that expensive....

Here's some pics
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=42907
Oh man, I feel your pain... Been there, done that! Also a Cardone half shaft on the right side (passenger side). I have another friend who's broken half shafts also only on the right side. He's convinced that for whatever reason the power flow through the front diff goes more to the right than to the left. I'm beginning to think there may be something to it. I'm also beginning to think we get what we pay for with these cheap Cardones, but then $2495 for a pair of RCV's Ultimate Half-Shafts is ridiculous. And if your half-shafts are unbreakable what gives next, your front diff? I'd much rather swap out a half-shaft than a differential on the trail!
'05 H2 Lux, 37" KM2's on 17" Hutchinson Double Beadlocks, Cognito UCA's, Cognito Sway Bar Links, Custom Hydro-Assist Steering Upgrade, Eaton Front Differential Locker, 1" Rear Coil Spacers, Chevy Green Key Torsion Bar "Lift," Bilstein Shocks, Warn 9.5ti Multimount Winch, Dual Optima Yellow Top Battery's, Piaa & Hella Off-road lights, Gobi Rack, Tru-cool External Transmission Oil Cooler, Diablo Predator Hi-Octane Tune.