Thread: Fair trade?
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 10:21 AM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fair trade?

Personally, I think it is way low.
WAY LOW.

Given I agree LoJac, part the mods... not because I want them but because the dealers will give you nothing for them and then put them as big sellers to the person that does buy it. Most none modded 2003 H3s with low miles (and yes I think 105k is considered low miles... for the years it is old) I think I have seen easily fetching 18-20k and those are usually base models.

I am a firm believer that if I have a vehicle to trade in, that the dealer should give me the right price for it just like I am giving them the right price for theirs. I negotiated for almost a month to get the H2, trading in my 2006 Tundra. They started at 8k for mine and 25k for theirs. We ended at 15k for mine and 21k for theirs (and I still think that I wasnt getting the right price for my truck, but it was only off fair value by a thousand or so). But it wasnt bad since the whole deal was done sight unseen... the dealer was about 2 hours away

Remember, they have a car.... you have the money. They need the money.... you dont exactly need the car. Money can buy you anything, the car cant buy you anything. They are never doing you a favor... actually you are doing them the favor. That mentality will let you win everytime. Dont be afraid to walk.

Now if you were trading this in on a rare car... thats a different story, but remember there are plenty out there. Even my two weekend cars are 1 of a kinds, but I bought them like I would buy an everyday car.

Best of luck....

And let me/us know if you wanna sell the light bar, intake, exhaust, and stereo