View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Harbor freight electric impact gun video

"Wait my friend .. You are saying the torque for the lug nuts is over 400 Really Im in Shock ... I hope you never need to change a flat tire if going over 400lb .."

No, I think he is saying to get a 400 ft lb torque impact wrench and use Torque sticks. Example http://www.harborfreight.com/10-piec...set-69870.html

Myself, I use a cheap AMPRO AR3641 made in Taiwan $70.00 air impact to loosen and remove the lug nuts, rotate tires (every oil change), run lug nuts back on at the lowest air impact setting then use a Craftsman adjustable torque wrench set at 135 ft lbs. to finish them up. Done it since day one of owning the truck, no warped rotors from improper torque, no loose lug nuts then next time I rotate the tires.

Just a side note, a little over 100,000 miles and still have same brake pads and rotors with plenty left and, I have no idea if it has anything to do with it but I am still on the OEM front wheel bearings even with running 37" tall tires)

I guess it is what ever works best for you as long as the tires don't fall off and ya don't bust a nut trying to get the lug nuts off the next time

P.S. I am a Plant Engineer at a company here in the states that is owned by a Chinese company (Yizumi) and I see their quality come and go on the same product lines at present. 80 to 3500 tonnage Die Cast and Injection molding presses. Mostly what I see is a learning curve because the quality (with our input) tends to get better as they produce more product. They will come to our plant and work with us to learn how it use to be done when the former US company was in business and made the products. They do want to take pride in making a quality product given time to do so from my point of view.

Last edited by Easy Ed : 12-12-2013 at 02:28 AM.