View Single Post
Old 03-18-2004, 06:26 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I've got two questions. I've been looking and looking and wanted to ask the forum members their thoughts on how much I should discount (or be willing to pay more for) a vehicle I am looking at if it doesn't include (or does include) the following items. (Keep in mind I am looking at 2001 and 2002 H1's right now.)

Winch vs No Winch
Leather Interior vs Cloth
Aluminum 17" wheels vs Double Beadlocked Steel
MTR's vs GSA
Standard Brushguard vs Over the Hood style Brushguard
Rook Rack

Is there any other "options" that don't come standard from the factory that one could've added when they ordered the vehicle new and which could skew the "true" resale value? I go to Edmunds and they indicate that the only options one could get on a 2002 is the winch and 17" aluminum wheels, whereas in 2001 it looks like there were over 12 line items of optional equipment-
Aluminum Wheels/Automatic Dimming Rearview Mirror/Brushguard/Cruise Control(?)/Heated Windshield/Monsoon Audio System/Power Heated Mirrors/Rear Windown Defroster/Runflat Tire System/CTIS/Trailer Hitch/Winch

I assume all these things I mention above came standard on 2002 and newer H1's minus the aluminum wheels and winch...

The second question is this: I have seen two 2002 H1's, one is a Tenth Anniversary edition Wagon w/ 6,500 miles and fully loaded (offered at 69,000), the other is a Black/Gray Interior Wagon with 4,500 miles that has no winch, cloth interior, and GSA's (offered at 65,000). I was wondering what should be deemed reasonable for either of these two vehicles. Also, I would be interested in hearing what 01/02 H1's are going for at auction if someone has that info.

Thanks.