View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 12:35 PM

Detonate is off the scale

A lot of it depends on what exactly it is that you are wanting to do.

The lift helps, no doubt about it. I wheel with that lifted H2 all the time, and there is always a time where I can see the benefits mentioned. However, I've yet to witness the short commings of it's higher center of gravity. I'm sure it is there, but I firmly believe it's a non issue with Rancho's 4" lift. It has to be mere 3-5 degree difference in side slope capabilities because both me and the HummerTeam H2 have been on some serious slopes where I thought for sure I'd flip, and they were right along side me.

Once you start talking about adding a front locker, a bigger lift, then 39" tires, maybe wider tires, etc, etc... You are just working towards a purpose built vehicle. No doubt it will be better off road, but at the cost of road manners. And all the trails and obstacles that used to be hard, will now be easy. Then you'll search for harder obstacles to challenge you. After that, you'll start thinking about more stuff to add to your vehicle to make those obstacles easier. And the cycle will continue.

I think I've found my niche personally. I like the degree of difficulty found in the obstacles and trails I'm doing. I'd love a 2-4" lift for looks, and a little more off-road performance, but that would be about it.

That's my take on it anyways...