View Single Post
Old 11-01-2003, 12:36 AM

aces full is off the scale

I finally got my IPOD hooked up, without FM modulation. It comes through the factory speakers, and sounds great.

Here's the setup I used (sorry, no pictures).

You'll need the following:
1-PIOGM1 from Soundscape ($145 yikes)
2-IP bus to RCA adapter from Pioneer ($15)
3-Stereo RCA male to mini male (Radio Shack $8)
4-Belkin Cigarette lighter adapter for IPOD (40)
5-12 volt cigarette lighter (Pep Boys $8)

Pull the stereo bezel, head unit, gear shift, console cover, and console insert...

plug in #1 & #2 to the back of the stereo. That will give you stereo RCA female. Plug in #3 into those RCA females.

Make a hole in the insert for the lighter. Tap off one of the 12 volts indash to power the lighter.

Plug the Belkin piece into your new lighter. The plug from the Belkin goes into the botom of the IPOD (same connector as the IPOD cradle has). The Belkin also has a mini input, and volume control. Plug in the mini from #3, turn up the volume, and you're set.

When you press the band button on the stereo, you now have AM, FM1, FM2, AUX1, and AUX2 (which I'll use for an XM Radio).

You can now change the setting on the IPOD for backlight, to always lit, as you'll never run out of power. Your IPOD is always being charged.

Cool setup. The 40 Gig IPOD holds approx 15000 songs, depending on rate which you sample, and length of songs. I'll never carry a CD again.

'03 Black H2, fairly dressed up,
'03 Powerstroke Diesel 4x4 Excursion,
'04 Red & Black Mini Cooper (on order),
'02 Black Honda Goldwing
\'02 Black Honda Goldwing