View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 08:14 PM

Modley is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
Six or seven in one dealership is one thing I have a hard time believing.
So, you are saying they are getting a bare cylinder head and they have to lap the valves to the head. However, if GM wanted this back for inspection, they would require the entire head with the valves, and which time they would send out another full head assembly. (Partsguy might jump in and straighten me out, just in case they don't offer a full head assembly; I will check tomorrow just out of curiosity).
If the tech who is working on the engine cannot lap the valves to the cylinder head, then you have a right to be worried. Installing the valves, keepers, springs, etc. are very easy, and the dealer has all the right tools in their tool kit. (Special tools they paid for from Kent-Moore.)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you guys read my typing

"He said he could do it in house but he has hired a local machine shop to do it because "they do it every day". Or maybe it's because they have 5 of them. I don't know."