Thread: Jeeps are junk?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<span class="ev_code_RED">Thai-Sexual,</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thai:
You guys are poking fun at the Jeep Liberty. Granted, most Jeeps suck the big one...posers. However, i doubt that the Jeep Rubicon is one of them.<span class="ev_code_RED">Most Rubicons I've seen have never hit gravel. </span>

IMHO, i don't see the H2 being in the same class as the Rubicon in off-roading...size & weight alone put the Rubicon ahead. Then you add in Dana 44 solid axles front & rear with gear-based lockers (and rear gear-LSD) and it's not even a fair fight. <span class="ev_code_RED">Funny, those were a few of the main reasons the U.S. Military dumped the Jeep.</span>

BTW, to be fair, i don't consider my G500 to be in the same class as Rubicon either. Rubi has the perfect size with a great off-roading powertrain (amazing crawl ratio, torquey engine)...it's made for off-roading, unlike our rigs, which compromises on-road and off-road ride.<span class="ev_code_RED">I'm so sick of idiots talking about size. I know areas where Jeeps won't fit either! BFD! Trails or logging roads were not tailored for Jeeps. DO YOU HAVE ANY ACTION PICS OF YOUR ....ERRRR....COUGH......G500? </span>

My brother has a Rubicon. We went off-roading in CO last year...i did about 85-90% of the stuff that he went on...but i would not say that mine was better on anything. Sure, i had a more comfy ride with a better stereo system, but that's about it. Capability-wise, i don't see anything matching the Rubi on the trails. Modifications are cheap and just around the corner too!<span class="ev_code_RED">Obviously your brother never tested it's real limits. Or mabye your brother was taking it easy(very easy) on you since you're driving in such a prissy chariot.</span>

On-road, anything can beat the Rubicon...but in off-roading, Rubis are in a class of one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_RED">You can't compare with the H2, different class. Now **** off.</span>

BTW, A Toyota Tacoma (STOCK) can easily out perform a Rubicon in so many ways. Both can only sit two people with limited gear. Well not the Taco, I mean the Rubi has non-exsistant cargo area.

Until you've gone where H2's have gone, you can only speculate. That's not good enough. I highly doubt you'll have the balls to wheel with the TEXANS. Prove me wrong.

My Video Collectionez