View Single Post
Old 10-29-2005, 01:07 PM

FreeorDie2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CslRkH2:
Gas Taxes are fixed per gallon and not based on a percentage. So when gas prices rise, the gov't doesn't gain.

When a company makes more than Microsoft & Walmart COMBINED in a QTR when they were complaining about damage to facilities and BLAH Freakin BLAH, then I'll call BULLSH!T </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh course you would. . .unless you had invested the money or done the work over the long haul to make it possible. And all the fact that gas taxes are a fixed amount means is that taxes become a smaller percentage at the pump. XOM is still paying corporate taxes which are a percentage of profit, not to mention the income taxes paid by their employees on the money they earn.

In 1971, a pack of cigarettes and a gallon of gas both cost about 35 cents. Cigarettes now cost about $5 a pack and a gallon of gas seems to have settled in at about $2.50. Compared to the increases in the cost of butts, milk, bread. . .even the cost of cars (I bought a new Mustang II in 74 and it cost me $4000. . .I don't own a car now that cost less than $40,000 new), gas is still a bargain.

Get over it. . .
1994 Pearl Yellow Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo