View Single Post
Old 12-18-2004, 05:25 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arnold McBain:
Right, we should all mind our own business.

Still, this is the only defense I've heard (also from sfox above), that you guys just don't care about what people think and that you have the right to drive whatever you want. And I'll agree to both the points.

But tell me why Hummers, and other city-driven SUVs aren't wasteful of limited resources, namely the fossil fuel over which we're fighting a war and losing soldiers?

What is your answer other than "just shut the **** up you jealous moron"? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

McBain-

You are correct in stating that the supply of oil and gasoline derived from fossil fuels is being depleted, however you really need to start reading the news and recognize that ethanol derived from corn and biodiesel and biogasoline derived from waste vegetable oil, animal and plant byproducts is making a huge push to replace them. So I wouldn't worry too much about replacing our depleting fossil fuels.

With regards to our troops dying over Iraqi oil. You would have to believe that we went to war over oil as opposed to trying to remove a dictator and liberate a country. That's actually your opinion and you would have to take that up with W...