View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

joedirt is on a distinguished road
Default Do I have front end problems?

I have noticed that over the last couple months that my gas pedal is getting alot of road pop and that the steering column is moving a bit over bumps. Before I go further, I have an 2007 H3 Lux Adventure with 10K Miles. I took it into the dealer today for service, but my loaner H3 with 1500 miles on it is doing the same exact thing with the stock wheels and tires(I believe that it has the offroad package). I thought that it might have been my aftermarket 20's on the Nitto Terra Grappler's, I know now that it isn't. Could this be the bearing or coupler in the shaft? That might answer the sterring problem, but not the popping in the gas pedal.

Another problem that I had in the past was a clunking sound when traveling down the road. I thought originally that it was a bad lifter or valve, but the dealer ended up replacing my Transfer Case. They said that it seems to be common with the chain driven transfer case. It is still making a clunking sound, getting faster with speed. Is anyone else having this problem? I am starting to have my doubts with GM workmanship. If these problems are that common, the H3 needs to have a huge price drop. I will definitely fill out a bad report on the H3 for the JD Power survey. I do love my H3, but I hate taking it in for these problems that engineers should have solved.

Last edited by joedirt : 06-12-2007 at 07:26 PM.