View Single Post
Old 02-08-2014, 05:27 AM
Hummer Expert

Rico001 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: '03 H2 - reverse not engaging when firing up after cold night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna
I live in Calgary, and we have had constant -25 mornings for the last few weeks. About a week ago I noticed that when first firing up the truck in the morning and putting it into reverse, that the truck barely moves back. There was no grinding, instead it was almost like the truck was in neutral but the truck would move back ever so slowly.

Thanks

I know Florida does not see -25F but it has been very cold here this year and my Chevy pick up does the same thing as you mention.
If I let it warm up for a minute or 2 and it will still shift slower and hold the gears later. This will usually happen for about a mile or 2 and all will be normal.
I would suggest warm it up longer and driving it slowly till it warms fully ~Richard
Yellow 2003 H2 Luxury ALPHA , 2" lift, Black Helo Maxx8 20 X 10 Rims, Toyo AT Open Country II LT35/12.50/R20 tires, taillight guards and black LE brush guard, KC light bar w/4 Daylights, Recon Smoked roof lights, Sirius/XM Satellite Radio, Kenwood Head Unit , 4 - 6-1/2 inch Polk Audio Speakers, solid billet tailgate handle,HUMMER H2 Ghost lights ib front doors