View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Hummer Professional

Scarsman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 160K Overhaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
Thanks for the quick reply...I think I may pop a back one off and try to work with those welds. I really want the panels to be Line-Xed. If I can get the leather bits, speaker grill, and the handle off I'm good...I'll have the remainder sprayed as is.

I feel confident that I can release those welds without permanently damaging the panel...just need to soften them up with a soldering iron. I'm gonna practice on the welds for the door panel pocket. My goal is to permanently remove the pockets from the rear doors anyway.

I may start on this project this weekend...I'll open a new thread once I do so I don't keep interrupting this one.

Thanks again...and GREAT work.

I wonder if you could dremel out the welds without going through to the otside, and then reattach the panels with something like velcro strips, since they look like they have lots of overlap.

Or, what about using allen head bolts that match the ones for the dash? That might look sort of cool. The bolts would be in the plastic part, and with the LineX you probably wouldn't need washers on the outside. If you did you could use black ones.
Wheels - Black bedliner on stock wheels
Gas cap lid - still chrome but will soon be black bedliner
Tail light guards - still chrome but will be black bedliner
Grill - Still chrome but will be black bedliner
Hmmmm, is there a pattern developing here?