View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

Grizzy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rockford Fosgate Audio Upgrade Kit

For $1300, you could have a set of Focal 6.5" door spkrs and a JL Audio amp installed and produce a far better sound, including more bass, than this Fosgate setup. I do like the idea of having a subwoofer enclosure that is easily removable, but how about not having a subwoofer enclosure at all, but having a sound that was so good, that people would swear you HAD a subwoofer! No, I don't work for Focal, but I just had my 3rd set of them installed. 1st set in my F250, loved them, in my wifes 350z, love them, now my H2. Of course, I don't ever use my midgate, so I forked over a little extra and had 2x 12's installed under my rear seat in a custom fiberglass box just last week. Just letting you guys know that you don't have to go as far as I did, just the Focal's by themselves are amazing.

Wouldn't buy the fosgate kit for 900 either. All you're getting is a nice box, the woofer and amp is worthless in this package, according to someone I know. You're really keeping the factory sound with just a little tiny bit of added thump, and I mean little bitty. You'll think it sounds better at first, but its so unnoticable you'll be wishing you saved your money later on, OR you'll take it out one day when you need to use your midgate, and just never put it back in, because its not worth the 30secs of your time to hear nothing.

Last edited by Grizzy : 09-19-2007 at 03:21 PM.